3 cards are dealt to each player at the beginning of the game. The dealer is randomly selected. The player, who is on the left of the previous dealer, is the next dealer
Betting and Bidding
There are three different bets in Svara: starting bet, betting in the dark and normal betting.
Before the cards are dealt, each player pays a starting bet to enter the
game. The term is also known as “Ante”. The entrance does not change and is determined before it starts.
Keeping the Bet Dark
Before players can see their hands and after the first bet has passed, the player, standing to the left of the dealer, can keep the bet dark.
- In the case of a dark bet by the first player, the one after the first player can also bet, but the bet amount must double the previous bet.
- After the first bet kept dark, the rest of the players also have the opportunity to bet like this
- When a player decides not to keep it dark, the other players do not have the opportunity to take advantage of this
- You don’t have to bet in the dark
- If the dark bet is not doubled by a player, the one who keeps the bet dark last wins the trick.
This betting ends when one of the players sees his cards.
When each player sees their cards, normal betting can start. When there is a dark bet, the player who has chosen first to keep the bet dark is obliged to raise or give up. The Player on its left continues the play.
- The one who does not make any bets is leaving the games, even though it’s not mandatory.
- The last player to keep the bet dark is betting last in this phase. If there are no bets kept dark, the dealer bets last.
- The pot is won by the dealer in the absence of bets from all players.
- While all players pay the bet or give up, normal betting continues..
- Wins this player who has the biggest number of points in his hand.
- Аce – 11 points
- King – 10 points
- Queen – 10 points
- Jack – 10 points
- 10 – 10 points
- 9 – 9 points
- 8 – 8 points
- 7 – 7 points
- The Aces can be combined in three or two in hand. Therefore the hand А♠ А♡ K♣ brings 22 points.
- The two 7 bring 23 points (no matter what colour they are).
- 7♣ brings 11 points, when in combination, as it can play the role of any card. This means if you have the following hand 7♣ 9♠ J♠ this can bring you 30 points as this is a combination of two spades.
- Three 7 bring 34 points and are the strongest hand in the game (no matter what colour they are).
When the points of two or more players are equal we have Svarka. The pot is not collected from any of the players. There is a new distribution of cards in which those with equal points fight for the pot. Other players can also participate if they pay the entrance, which is determined by the pot, formed during teh Svarka, divided into the number of players who have equal points. For a pot of 400 and two players with equal points, the others must pay an entrance of 200.
The game is played normally and three cards are dealt after the payout or the giving up of the players. If there is again an equal number of points, the pot remains, and a new svarka is played
Strenght of thе cards
Combinations of cards in the hand of the players determine the scoring. Without being in combination, the points, that the cards bring are:
*7 Clubs is a special card and brings 11 points.
Cards from one colour – The points of all the cards in the hand that are the same colour are collected.
Example: 8♠ Q♠ Q♡ | In this combination are only 8♠ and Q♠ and therefore brings 18 points.
Тhree equal cards – The points of the three cards are collected.
Example: J♡ J♢ J♣ | Тhis combination brings 30 points and in it are included also the three Jacks.
Examples of combinations
7♠ 8♣ 8♢ – the lowest cards are not combined between them and do not form a hand
7♣ 8♣ 8♢ – 7♣ enters in combination with the two eights and this hand brings 27 points
7♠ 7♢ 10♢ – 7♢ and 10♢ are combined, as they are from the same colour. 7♠ and 7♢ make even stronger combination and for this reason, they bring 23 points
J♢ Q♡ A♡ – the combination here is between Q♡ and А♡ (as both cards are from the same colour) and brings 21 points
9♡ A♣ A♢ – this is a special combination between the 2 Aces that brings 22 points
9♢ 10♢ K♢ – these three cards make a combination that brings 29 points (as the three cards are from the same colour)
K♠ K♢ K♡ – in the following combination the three Kings bring 30 points
7♣ 7♢ 7♡ – this is the strongest combination in Svara that brings 34 points
Dealer – Тhe one that bets last deals the cards.
Initial bet (Ante) – The bet that has to be paid to the players in order to participate in the dealing.
Keep the bet dark – Bet that can be made before the players see their cards.
Normal bet – Bet that can be made after the players see their cards.
Pot – All the bets from the players in the present dealing.
Svarka – Equal number of points of two or more players.
***8 – The 7 ♣.